Saturday, November 8, 2008

A peek into my sugar.

Okay, so I went to learn how to use my Ultra Touch 2 at the OB's office. The charge nurse took hers first as an example.....126. Then she had me take mine. 90. And yes, I had lunch. Cheese quesadilla with salsa and sour cream with a Ginger Ale. Time lapse between lunch and test? 3 hours.

We had chicken, peas and mashed potatoes for dinner, I had a big glass of chocolate milk with it. Two hours later, my sugar was 113.

I didn't have to test until today....and I figure it might as well track my sugar and food somewhere. Don't worry, my focus will still be Duck and HJ.

So, here's today's results so far:
fasting (7:30 a.m.): 88

breakfast: 12 bite-size frosted mini wheats (serv size = 24), 4 oz milk, 4 oz pear juice

2 hours after breakfast (11 a.m.): 75

morning snack: 1 piece bread with peanut butter, 8 oz milk

lunch: 2 oz grilled chicken breast, 1/4 cup no salt added peas, 1 pear, 1 piece of bread with peanut butter

2 hours after lunch (5:00): 94

snack: NONE

dinner: 3 squares of Domino's thin crust cheese pizza, three pieces of Domino's cheesy bread, 16 oz of Canada Dry Ginger Ale

2 hours after dinner (8:30): 122

snack: 11 almonds

Obviously an all carb dinner was a bad idea.

No comments: