Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's been a crazy couple weeks

I'll post some pictures later, but basically, Henry had reactions to three antibiotics this month. Amoxicillin, Omnicef and Zitrhmax. nice huh?

My poor baby had hives coming and going all because of a double EI. So, we're seeing the ENT on Monday to discuss tubes.

Sam is doing INCREDIBLE. Last week he walked intot he bathroom at Penney's, closed the stall door in my face, locking it, saying "I do it myself, mama". I damn near cried. He did it all by himself, well, except for getting his pants up all the way, but he tried. The next day he did the same thing at a restaurant & that time he did it start to finish by himself.

So much for my "delayed" chid. Not even 5 years old yet and thinks he's "man enough" to go potty publicly on his own. Yep, that's right, he thought he was even going to go into the boys' bathroom w/o me! Think again little man!

My favorite phrase lately is "use your big boy voice and your big boy words." Amazingly, it STOPS the whining and screaming. I know I know, I have talk calmly if I want him to! J/K

But seriously, it really does work. I also have been using a lot of Harvey Karp's techniques outlined in Happiest Toddler on the Block. Have I ever mentioned that man is a genius? I really believe it! The best part is that HTotB can be used at any age (even with husbands).

There's more to come tomorrow, with some details. Right now I think I have a graham cracker mess to clean up.

No comments: