Monday, March 21, 2011

Patience and return calls pay off!

So, last summer I took Sam to see Alvin & the Chimpmunks or maybe it was Shrek 4. Doesn't matter. I was paying for our tix and the kid asked "anything else I can help with?"

I jokingly replied, "yeah, if you know anyone who does day care in Mason, I'm all ears."

To which he said, "my mom does it!"

So I took his number and forgot for a couple of weeks. I finally called her, but unfortunately at the time, Henry was still an "infant" and she didn't have room.

Well, last night I called her again. when I told her my name, she asked if I was the one that talked to her son at the theater. When I said I was, she said, "I'm so glad you called, I've had an opening but couldn't find your number!"

She knew Henry was turning 2 after the first of the year and he'd fit into her designation then.

So, YAY!!!!! We can do full or part-time, and fi she has space I might be able to do Sam too this summer. Her husband is a teacher for the district and helps then.

I'm so very excited, she's just blocks from us!

No comments: