Sunday, January 27, 2008

dought a Bodge and Rudy Toobies

Do you do this? Mix up the first letters in a series of words? I'm sure everyone does it once in a while, but I've been doing it more and more lately.

It started a few months ago when I said something about getting cash checked rather than a check cashed. This is my most frequent mix up....so I thought nothing of it. Then, I was out to lunch with a friend and we were discussing child delivery (she's due with #4 in April)......the next thing out of my mouth is that I wasn't able to have a "virginal bath" with Duck. It took me two or three tries to actually say vaginal birth. A few weeks later, same friend and I were talking about pedicures before giving birth. You know, that's an important thing when you're in the stirrups....having cute toes. So, I told her, "Don't go get it done, I'll come to your house and bring "noe tailpolish" with me"

Last weekend we were in Fort Myers with the ILs (they drove down from MI for two months) and I noticed FIL didn't buy a Ford and said, "Oh, look, your dad "dought a Bodge." E just starting laughing and then said, I wish they'd hurry up a find this "Rudy Toobies." Totally on accident and we both started laughing hysterically.

OF COURSE Duck thought it was funny enough to laugh right along.

Speaking of finding restaurants....what made that trip with ILs so interesting was that they had a Garmin in the car with them. The RT they were looking for? CLOSED! Guess MIL needs to sync her Garmin. I know that hasn't happened since September when I did it for her.


No comments: