Friday, July 4, 2008

Afternoon sickness

I really wish "they" wouldn't call it morning sickness. Because it's not always in the morning. With Duck, I had all day into the night sickness and it was really more acid reflux than nausea. I only got sick once and i think that had more to do with the deep friend Monte Cristo I had that night at Bennigan's than with being pregnant.

This time, it's full blown nausea making me not want to look at or eat any food. It starts right around 11:30 in the morning and goes all afternoon until I get home. It's the smells coming from the small kitchen on my floor and from the cafeteria downstairs. And hibernating in the bathroom doesn't help either because the kitchen is right next to it, so the smells vent right in. My cube on the farm? Probably 30 yards from the kitchen. Might seem like a lot but it's not.

Once I get home, I'm fine. I start to feel better actually as soon as I get out of the building. The bigger problem is that I get so nauseous that I don't want to eat or can't eat. Twice this week I only had half a sandwich between 9 am and 6 pm. Breakfast I'm okay....I either have cereal, oatmeal or egg/cheese on a bagel. Thursday I had a pb & j sandwich on toast for breakfast. Was the only thing that sounded good.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I know all too well how nasty morning, noon and night sickness is.

I hope it passes for you soon, and if not, there's always Zofran. :o)