Last night it struck me that rather than using a box, I could actually use my old diaper bag. It's just sitting in the closet and since a while back I inked their initials onto it, really can't give it away.
So, here's a useful list of items that can grow with your child. I'm making this list toddler/preschooler friendly since that's what Henry is.
- change of clothing....rotate seasonally or when his/her size changes
- pair of pajamas....ever been out later than planned only to take an overtired child to bed in their clothes? well, no more!
- toothbrush with or without tooth paste.............goes along with the above
- clean sippy cup
- baby wipes..........because you just never know when you'll need them
- children's meds.......rotate these every couple months as they do expire, but it's nice to have them on hand for bad bumps or insect bites. don't forget the syringe to administer it and a baggie to put it in after