Sunday, November 2, 2008

Putting things in perspective.

Life is so short............even for those that live to be over 100. But J's death has really had an impact on me the past two days. He didn't ask for a heart defect. He didn't live a life of drinking, smoking, womanizing, or general bad decisions. He was a child. A perfectly innocent child whose life was way too short. He will be missed by those who knew and loved him. And by people who have never, ever met him in person.

See, I belong to several online mommy groups. I met J's mom through one of them. Oddly, they lived in MI, so when she would talk about places they'd been or hospitals J had to go to, I knew right where they were.

I came here to post about my 3-hour glucose test yesterday.....but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's not worth complaining about.

I have so very much to be thankful for. Duck, E, HJ on the way.......a roof over my head, a job I love. Sure, there's stress in my life, but not like J had. And certainly nothing like J's parents went through. So, I'm taking a break from my blog for a while. Not sure how long, but I need to do this for myself. To really put things into perspective.

No comments: