Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My husband calls it "nesting", I call it.....

not wanting to live in a clutter pit. We have lived in three apartment in five years. With each apartment, we've gained at least one more room. This time? We gained a room, a laundry room and a pantry. I actually have a PLACE for most everything.

So, I've been doing a lot more cleaning. I mean, get-down-on-my-hands-and-knees wiping down the floors cleaning. I vacuum all the time, I wipe down things all the time, and I want to be able to see my counter-tops.

I still have boxes to "unpack" which is code for go through and throw the crap away. I mean, 90% of the remaining boxes have been in storage for the 4.5 years since we moved here. If we didn't need it then or now, we won't need it in the future. Rare exception would be things like flashcards for Sam or other art supplies we'll use over time.

Tonight I spent an hour baking cookies. I made a batch of chocolate no-bake cookies and a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (with the last pan having chocolate chips added --- special mommy-only cookeis). Yes, that's about 10 dozen cookies in an hour. That takes talent. And table/counter space. Something I could NEVER have done in our 1-bedroom apartment.

No comments: