Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I love FreeCycle

If you haven't discovered the joys of FreeCycle......you need to. It's a Yahoo group and they're ALL OVER the country. Here in the central FL area, I think we have 4 or 5. It's all FREE stuff. You can even ASK for items and the only stipulation is that the item is FREE.

I gave away 30+ boxes last night to someone trying to clean out a storage unit. I was just happy to get them out of the apartment so Duck would stop building climbing towers out of them.

No, not trying to stifle his creativity, just his reach and ability to climb on top of my stove.

Anyway, the couple that came to get the boxes was super nice, took every.single.last.box! And she didn't want them broken down....so that saved me time.

I've given away several things that way. It's how I got Duck's infant bathtub after he was born. Couldn't see spending the money something he'd use a few months. Didn't use it even that long, he hated it. I wound up bathing with him from about 6 weeks til he could sit up on his own.

A lot of people don't want to bother with garage sales (or they live in an apartment) or they don't want to deal with Craigslist. (though CL has a free section, too) It's really like an online garage sale without all the prep. you can let people come to your home, meet them in a public place, whatever you choose. How you select who gets your item depends on you. Definitely a genius idea.

So, look up FreeCycle the next time you need something.

No comments: