Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not PDD or Autism

Well, no evidence of meeting the criteria. That's what the developmental pediatrician said.

He also said it's imperative we seek genetic counseling since we want to have another baby and with Duck's delays and Aidan being Autistic, we should do it. I'm on the fence about it, really. Don't know what to think or do. I initially asked Dr. L at the RE's office and ya know....he wasn't concerned as long as Duck's tests were coming back normal.

I still have to redo Duck's urine test and the dev. pedi is recommending muscle enzyme tests. Anyone know anything about that?

1 comment:

queenrandom said...

Your first meeting with a genetic counselor could actally help you decide whether you want genetic testing or not. They usually don't do testing on the first visit; you talk about the issue, they tell you your options, then give you information to make a decision. I think at least one visit would be worth it.

Nice to see you're doing well :) I've been lurking for a while.

~A Ho