Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There's a lot to be said for sharing information

I mentioned over the weekend while were in Jax that I needed some additional mat clothes for my remaining 10 weeks. I'd been planning to head to the Community Thrift store in Orlando to see what I could find. but Avery pulled out an entire bag of maternity clothes to go through. Convinced she was much taller and thinner and that nothing would fit, she still encouraged me to go through and see what I might find. I surprised myself. There were a few items that actually fit and fit well. I came home with 4 "new" pairs of pants and 7 "new" shirts.

Two of the outfits I've already worn to work and gotten LOTS of compliments on. Of course, they're definitely much closer to the body than I usually wear or would pick out, but according to Eric and my work friends, they are a great choice. Accentuating my pregnant belly hides everything else. :) So, rahter than continuing my age-old habit of hiding my body, I've put my pg belly out there....in so many ways.

I feel enormous and my duck-waddling days have definitely begun, but I feel better knowing that my clothes aren't the cause of me appearing to be bigger than I am. I just AM big.

We had another vomit incident on Monday night, but I talked to Duck's teacher and he ate really well on Tuesday and by the time I got home, he had a poopy diaper. Hmmm, coincidence? I think not. Because, then he ate some dinner and had some chobby and went to bed without issue.

No comments: