Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today is the day

Today is my last day of work for I don't know how long. With the economy the way it is.....I know I have options and I'm definitely not ruling ANYTHING out at this point, I just can't. I can only hope that in 4-6 weeks time when it seems appropriate to be writing "April X, 2009" as my date of availability, I will be able to find something.

I'm sad to leave my job, but at the same time, I'm more excited than I thought I would be at the prospect of having three weeks at home before the baby arrives to spend with Duck. Sure he'll be in school, but this way I can take him and pick him up (as long as my body will let me). Maybe I can even get him (and Daddy) on a good after school routine in the next three weeks so that after the baby comes, it will be second-nature for both of them.

I'm also looking forward to the prospect of potty-training over the next three weeks. Duck's one of four in his class not yet PT'd (out of 12). I'd like to make this part of his teacher's day a little easier.

No comments: