Thursday, January 1, 2009

Four weeks from tomorrow

I will be unemployed. There is such a stigma attached to that, even in these times. this is entirely NOT my choice.

I have had a job for the past 19 years. NINETEEN YEARS I have worked hard to have my own money, my own things........was it always easy? Nope. There were times when I had two jobs. I worked part time at Target my first year of teaching. In 2001, I left a job and had to move back home, but even then, I had a job subbing til I found a permanent position before school let out for the summer.

I've always had back-up plans. Always. Now is no different, except my back-up plans really aren't feasible. I live in a state that has laid off/terminated more teachers in the last year than in many years prior. And since the economy is so bad, people aren't taking vacations to the Happiest Place on Earth. There go my back-up plans, right?

So many decisions to make in the weeks to come and I'm so unsure of what the right thing to do is. I could easily do nothing, but that's not me. I could totally obsess for the next four weeks (totally me) and get nothing decided and possibly stress myself out to the point of an ulcer. (would not be the first one in my life)

Definitely one of the times in my life I really hate being a responsible adult. When can I take a break? That's right, never because.......oh wait, here it comes....my favorite line.....you know the one you use when your kids ask you "why?"


BECAUSE I'M THE MOM, THAT'S WHY.


(side note: yes, my son has finally hit the pre-school vocabulary of mine, why, and NO!)

No comments: