Friday, March 7, 2008

He's safe and "having a good time"

Is "having a good time" odd to say about someone in the middle of the war in Iraq? My brother is one of my heroes. Currently serving his second year long tour in Iraq in just three years, he's doing what he loves most.....being goofy. All I can say is that he's safe and enjoying his new assignment.

I'm so proud of him and every other person in the military serving overseas and stateside. Whether or not it's a fight they believe in, they're still fighting it.

Duck is so good about going to bed anymore. Last night the tv automatically switched from Noggin to American Idol and he got down from the couch and all I had to say was "na-night." He went running to his bed, Mickey and Puppy in tow, giggling all the way. I love that he goes to bed at 8:00, but this getting up at 6:00 a.m. has GOT TO STOP. Perhaps the nap needs to go away, but that's not going to happen any time soon. He gets quiet time three days a week at the sitter's, so not much I can do about that. Why does he choose Thursdays to sleep in til 7? Week before last, when he and E were both sick, they both slept til after 8:30. Wish I could sleep late like that.

His favorite place at 6:00 a.m.? In my bed with me. Even if E's on the couch, Duck wants to be with me. I can't complain too loudly, though, he will come in and watch Noggin for an hour before getting buggy about milk. God forbid, though, if I forget that Oobi comes on at 6:30 because then he wants episode after episode after episode. I should just set it to Disney so he can watch Stanley.

No comments: