Monday, March 31, 2008

Claritin and Sudafed?

Please, SOMEONE comment and tell me how either one of these medications are a COUGH SUPPRESSANT!

ANYONE?

PLEASE?

I'm still hacking. I have no sinus congestion, I can completely breathe through my nose without problems. I'm not even sniffling anything. REALLY! It's this damn heaviness in my chest.

I told the dr about this LAST week. I tried late last week to get a suppressant stronger than the Halls I was sucking. If you read Saturday's post, then you know that I had a coughing fit so bad I puked my entire lunch. When I get started, I can't catch my breath.

It's bad when your spouse wants to call 911, ya know?

So, I ask, whattheheck, how is Claritin or Sudafed a cough suppressant?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I have no idea - I never knew either was supposed to be for coughs?

Delsym is pretty good - adults and kids can take it. On the advice of the pediatrician, we used it for Miss E a few weeks back and it really helped - especially at bedtime.

Feel better, soon.