Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I love........

my husband because he's grown up so much in the past 5 years. He's really not the same person I met 5 years ago this week. Other than my family, a handful of friends back home and my car, he is the longest relationship I've ever had. And most certainly the best. We've recently started spending more time talking at night. We're not hibernating in our corners (me at the tv, him on the computer). The past two nights, we were up til close to midnight, just talking. It reminds me of the first year we were together and we'd talk til all hours of the night. There's something comforting and safe about hearing his voice as I drift off to sleep. He knows I fall asleep, he just keeps talking. It helps him sleep better too because then the thoughts aren't racing around his mind. We've had a rough road getting here, but it was well worth the pay off.

my child because he is such a sweet, affectionate, cute, lovable, funny little boy. He's made great strides in the past few weeks. I'm so freaking proud of my boy. Duck is the reason for everything I do. He's given me a renewed outlook on losing weight and getting healthy for playtime.

my job because it's totally my dream job. Sure I'd like to be permanent, but even though I'm not, I love the work I do. I have an exceptional boss and the ability to flex schedule around Duck's appointments.

No comments: