Sunday, April 6, 2008

WHY am I cleaning so much?

Not just picking up, but deep cleaning?

Last weekend I cleaned off our screened porch aka E's private little scum-hole. (granted he's grown up a lot in five years, but being Oscar's mentor for messiness has got to stop....I'm no Felix, but OMG the nastiness has to go)

Anyway, I went to empty the trash out there last weekend and got bombarded by fruit flies and ants. No wonder I had ff in the apartment.....they were coming in from outside when he'd come in from his cigarette. Trash hadn't been emptied in months.....I could tell because it had A&W cans in it and I haven't bought any of that since January. Anyway, I had it all cleaned up, I even had to throw out the trashcan, there was no way I could get it cleaned up enough.

Then today, I noticed our BIG cooler that's sitting out there is covered in ants. And so are the two pop cans he's left out there. OMFG I hate ants. and here we have an entire collection on the porch where they could easily get in through the slider door. So I just spent an hour in the bathroom scrubbing the cooler with dish soap and baking soda. It's supposed to rain the majority of the week, so I'm letting the cooler dry in Duck's bathtub, then I'll take it to our storage unit this week.

I want to move this summer. Either a 3-bedroom apartment or a 3-bedroom house with garage. I want to be able to get rid of our storage unit to save some money. I know I can get rid of some stuff in there.

But, if I can't get him to help keep stuff clean here, how can I expect him to help in a bigger space?

I'm a clutter-bug pack rat. E's just a nasty pack rat. His mom had to GUT his room when he moved out because it was so bad.

I can't wait to BUY a house, though. That way I can do whatever I want as far as making more space out of nothing.

Back to the topic, though. I can't sit still lately. I've been cleaning up and out. Maybe it's because it's the first part of April and I want to move in two months. And I will likely be doing 95% of the packing by myself, so I want it to go smoothly and not have to take an immense amount of time off work.

Edited at 8:00 p.m.:
Let's see, I also did four loads of laundry from wash to dry to fold to actually putting away. In addition, I put away probably another 7 loads of laundry--some folded, some not--that had been piling up in our bedroom. That means I can actually see my bedroom carpet. Of course, that means keeping Duck out of there so that he can't pull everything off the shelves in order to climb on them. (his new trick--emptying any kind of shelf, then climbing onto it.)

I stripped Duck's bed and put a fresh mattress pad and sheet on. (my baby gets clean body, clean jammies and a clean bed tonight....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Did I mention that after I cleaned the cooler, I scrubbed Duck's tub with Ajax? Yep.

The kitchen sink is empty because I've been putting dirty dishes away as we used them. (novel concept here) The trash is gathered, ready to go out in the morning.

Once Duck goes to bed, I can pick up the toys in the living room.

I did NOT manage to vacuum the living room, but I think if I can get E and Duck out of the house on time in the morning, I should be able to do it before work.

WHY am I cleaning so much?
****************************
I'm finally getting up to 1500 mg of Metformin. I had a terrible time this week remembering to take two. But, today I'm on track for three pills. By next week, I have to be up to four a day.

Finally starting to feel a little better. Still have a slight cough, but nothing horrible.

Duck, well, he's just PERFECT. I love him so much. He's been really social and played well with my friend's daughter C yesterday. It was kind of funny because the last time, they played together, C was pretty bossy and not letting Duck play with some of her toys. Yesterday, though, she took something from him and HE TOOK IT BACK! I think she was in so much shock, she didn't say anything but went about playing with something else. I laughed because I'd never seen him take a toy from another child. Usually, he doesn't care and just plays with something else.......like he's in his own little world and doesn't notice. But he noticed yesterday. Kind of awesome when you think about it.

No comments: